Macadamia Nut Whipped Cream
Whipped cream that's vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free...need I say more?
The Macadamia Nut Whipped Cream recipe is for all the whipped cream lovers out there. On a nutritional level, macadamia nuts are manganese powerhouses. Manganese has some beauty-causing reactions on a cellular level for our bodies. It helps initiate the production of our skin and joint loving friend, collagen. It also helps our mitochondria (powerhouse of the cells) work better - hello, metabolism.
- 1 cup of Macadamia Nuts (chopped or halved)
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk (creamier the better)
- 3 tablespoons of Sweetener (your choice - honey, agave nectar or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract (or a scraping from the inside of a vanilla bean pod...divinity!)
- Pinch of salt
Combine all above in a high-speed blender until homogenized (fully incorporated ingredients). Add 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil. Blend again until smooth and dollop away! Please note: this is an extremely high-calorie food, so you can't eat the whole bowl, but at least you won't have a tummy ache if you are sensitive to dairy.
Props to Carmella's Sunny Raw Kitchen (thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com) for inspiring us to make our own modified version of her genius recipe and thank you, Linus Pauling Institute (www.lpioregonstate.edu) for the wealth of information on manganese.